Nov. 6 (SUN)
- If you’re able to arrive earlier, around 10am, we can do a quick run-through (without Wesley going in the water). Then I’ll finish rehearsing with Joann for worship, then we can all pray together around 10:45am
- Wear a shirt/top that won’t show through.
- THINGS TO BRING FOR AFTER: Sandals, Towel, plastic bag to put clothes, change of clothes, etc..
- The closest restroom to get dried up is one of the 2 restrooms in the sanctuary building. The easiest way to get there is probably just walk around the front/outside of the building and enter through the main entrance to get to the restrooms. * As an alternate/backup, there is a Men’s Restroom in the other building, but it’s not as nice/comfortable. It has a keypad code: 1726
- Motion for Wesley to come into the water. Say “Wesley, come on down“
- Ask: “Do you believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the living God, that He died for your sins, that He was buried and that He rose again?“
- Say: “Wesley, in obedience to the command of our Lord Jesus Christ, I baptize you in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.”
- WESLEY: hold your hands in a “X” shape across your chest. If you want, you can plug your nose with one hand.
- SPENCER: your left hand on Wesley’s hands/wrists where they cross and your right hand on his back, gently lean him backwards into the water. Say: “Buried with Christ in baptism”
- Then gently bring him back up. Say: “And raised to walk in a brand new life“
- WESLEY: As you come up out of the water, take the opportunity to praise God and ask Him to let you know how He delights in you as a child of God. And ask God to fill you with His Holy Spirit.
- SPENCER: Say to the congregation: “Let’s extend our hands to Wesley and pray for him” Then pray a prayer of blessing over Wesley.